Table of Contents
- 1. Maldives
- 2. Tahiti
- 3. Bali
- 4. Hawaii
- 5. Bermuda
- 6. Barbados
- 7. Fiji
- 8. Ko Lipe
- 9. The Canary islands
- 10. Naxos
- Final thoughts
If you want to plan a relaxing vacation that will help you disconnect from your daily schedule and introduce you to a corner to paradise on Earth, you came to the right place. We chose the best tropical islands in the world that you can explore on your next vacation and it will be very difficult to choose from all these amazing places!
The following islands are some of the most amazing you can find and you might even want to prolong your stay once you discover their beauties. You can visit all of them all year round but it is recommended to avoid the rainy season so you can make the most out of your trip and explore as much as you want of each island.
You will find the Maldives island in the Indian Ocean as the chain gathers around 1100 islands from which only 200 are inhabited. Among these islands, you will find about five that will charm you as they have all the comfort you need. Here you will find beautiful beaches with white sand and crystal clear water but also very friendly locals.
Vacations in The Maldives are not the cheapest ones that you can get but they are some of the best that you will experience.
Here you can enjoy diving, snorkeling, or simply relaxing on the paradise-like beaches. The best time to plan your trip to the Maldives is from November to April.
- Here you will find about 1100 islands and 26 coral atolls.
- Male, the capital of the Maldives, is among the most populated places in the world.
- Beaches are made of coral.
- The lowest country in the world, at only seven to eight feet above sea level.
- People live in The Maldives islands for over 3000 years but the country became a popular tourist destination only in the last 40 years.
Tahiti is probably the most popular, tropical destination in the world and there is no wonder why. The bungalows as well as the delicious seafood dishes and perfect sunset and sunrise scenarios, along with plenty of activities you can do here, make Tahiti a great destination for everyone who wants to have a unique, luxurious experience. Scuba diving is one of the most popular activities in Tahiti and a great way to explore these waters when you don’t want to relax on the beach or take long walks around the island.
In Tahiti, you will find tropical, warm weather all year round. The temperatures tend to be cooler between May to October, though.
- In Tahiti were built the first bungalows in the world.
- The region gathers around 118 atolls and islands that you can visit.
- French bread can be delivered to your place.
- You will find no poisonous snakes here or any dangerous insects, making it a great place for kids too.
The Bali and Gili islands are great for spending a relaxing and worry-free vacation alone or with your loved ones. Everyone heard of Bali and the incredible beauties it has to offer which is why this is considered one of the best destinations each year. Unlike other tropical destinations, this one comes at a budget-friendly cost as well. You can find incredible food, practice great surfing and join some very entertaining parties and events while you are on this island.
You can do everything in Bali from hiking a volcano to visiting numerous temples and finding out interesting information about the spiritual beliefs in the area. You can visit Bali any time of the year as the weather stays fairly constant. And if you are on a budget but still would like to have an amazing tropical vacation, this is the island for you!
Bali has everything you will find on islands that come at higher prices and you can plan an even longer vacation here since everything is more affordable.
- Bali has both black and white beaches.
- It is a very budget-friendly destination.
- More than 80% of the local economy is dependent on tourism.
- Bali is always hot, with temperatures around 80 degrees all year round.
Hawaii is also one of the tropical destinations you want to check out at least once. Here you will find everything you want, for both a relaxing and adventurous vacation. The Volcano National Park in the Big Island is one of the main attractions that will charm you, so you can’t visit Hawaii without checking it out. The island offers incredible waterfalls as well as beautiful beaches and excellent food. You have it all in Hawaii and you can’t go wrong!
As for the weather, Hawaii can offer you surprises. The general rule is that the wet season starts in October and ends in March. But each island comes with its weather challenges so, you can’t be sure of what you are getting.
READ MORE: How to Spend Your Holiday in Honolulu Hawaii
- Kilauea is the world’s most active volcano and, you can find it on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Hawaii is a great coffee producer and the only American state where coffee is cultivated
- Macadamia nuts come from Hawaii
Bermuda is just as popular as most of the tropical islands in this guide but you want to explore it to see for yourself just how amazing this place can be. But Bermuda is not for tourists with a tight budget as Bali is because this island can get very pricey. Here you will find the most inviting beaches in the Caribbean and North America and the food is always tasty. Bermuda is a great place for business owners to spend their time since it is a financial paradise as well. So, you will find some of the most refined resorts, and you can try out all kinds of water sports as well. In Bermuda, you can go snorkelling, diving, hiking or, you can explore some fascinating caves and many other things to create unique memories!
- Bermuda is a British territory
- This island was not inhabited until the 17th century
- It is considered the shipwreck center of the world
- John Lennon wrote over 20 songs in Bermuda
As you are looking for a great tropical island destination, Barbados has to get its place on your list. Barbados is one of the best places for professional surfing but, you will also encounter some of the best beaches and waters to enjoy here. Unlike other similar islands, this one offers a very active nightlife, especially if you go to Bridgetown.
Food in Barbados can come as expensive as you want it to be but, you can also find cheap options if you are on a budget. So, this island is the place for all types of tourists as long as you want to experience life on a vibrant, tropical destination.
READ MORE: Travel Guide to Barbados
- If you bring your passport with you, you can shop tax-free in many local stores.
- Grapefruit is originated in Barbados.
- Cattlewash beach in St Andrew has healing properties.
- Rum comes from Barbados.
Fiji is also one of the best tropical islands you can visit, being it alone, with your friends and family, or with your significant other. You will find no fewer than 322 islands in this country but about half of them are inhabited. You can visit either one because they are all charming in their way. The most popular islands are the ones from the West area but you can’t fail regardless of the island you choose.
Here you can choose to go diving, sailing, and even whale watching if you don’t want to spend each day on the beach, chilling in the relaxing Fiji breeze.
You will find a constant temperature but also the potential for cyclones between November and January.
- You will find about 1,500 species of sea life in the Fiji waters.
- It is one of the best honeymoon destinations.
- Fiji has plenty of coral reefs as well as tropical forests to explore.
- Rugby is one of the most popular sports in Fiji.
8. Ko Lipe
Ko Lipe is one of the tropical islands that will surprise you as it is not so popular but it has a lot to offer to its visitors. You will find this island in the southern area of Thailand and it can easily be the perfect vacation spot for you. On this small but charming island, you will find three major beaches to choose from, Sunset Beach, Sunrise Beach, and Pattaya Beach.
Around this island, you will find 25% of the most beautiful fish species in the world. So, snorkelling and diving in these waters are some of the best activities to enjoy when you are not relaxing on the beach.
The high season to travel to Ko Lipe is October to June and these are also the months when you can get to this island easier as you can choose from different available ferry boats. The fastest and easiest way to get to Ko Lipe is by catching a boat from Pak Bara.
- The island is so small that it will take you about one hour to go from one end to the other.
- There is no traffic in Ko Lipe.
- You will find within 1000 locals living here.
9. The Canary islands
If you choose to explore the Canary islands in your next vacation, you will be simply fascinated by everything you will find here. These Spanish islands are centered around Tenerife, which is also the largest island out of a chain of seven. But regardless of which island you choose to visit, you will be very impressed.
If you do choose Tenerife, you can join one of the most amazing carnival festivals worldwide, every February. However, if you are interested in hiking, try out Gran Canaria as it has some beautiful trails to explore. The best beaches are those in Fuerteventura but you will love the beaches on all islands as they are all very inviting.
- The Canary Islands have two capitals, Santa Cruz in Tenerife and Las Palmas in Gran Canaria.
- Lucha Canaria is a local wrestling sport that you can only enjoy here.
- You can find the Loggerhead turtle on these islands.
- All seven islands were formed as a result of volcanic eruptions.
If you want to discover a great Greek island but you don’t want to go to the popular Santorini and Mykonos, you will love Naxos. This island offers you the best out of Mediterranean life but at better costs and less of a crowd compared to other islands. Naxos offers you plenty of options to keep your trip interesting, from hiking to water activities and beautiful beaches to relax at.
The Greek culture and traditions are very present here and you will be able to enjoy them without worrying about high costs or lack of space. Naxos is still a visited island, even if it is not as popular as Santorini, for instance. And truth be told, this Greek island has a lot to offer to its tourists so you will not regret spending some time here!
- Naxos is the largest island in the Aegean Sea.
- Here you can find impressive Greek statues as well as ruins from the 6th century.
- The Great Gate is one of the most iconic monuments on the island.
There are plenty of other tropical islands that you can enjoy as you are planning a getaway trip, but your budget and preferences will dictate which ones are best for you. Chances are that if you try the destinations in this list, you will most likely want to revisit them. These islands have pieces of history that will make your trip unique and the most beautiful spots to witness a clear sunset or sunrise. We recommend you plan your trip ahead of time and book your accommodation at least one month in advance to be sure that you find the best deals.